We Believed

"We Believed" is based on a passion for writing and music. The site is a collection of short stories and poems. I hope you enjoy them.

Monday, April 6, 2015

A Lifetime Of Love




I struggled with what I would tell you, 
Because there’s so many things I had thought of
How will I ever complete this tall task, to sum up a lifetime of love?
I’ve been blessed with my kids and grandchildren, 
Your love filled up my heart
It wasn’t the journey
 I’ve been struggling with 
It's the thought of us being apart
But I know God has a reason to bring each one of us near
Even if we don’t understand it, 
faith tells me there’s nothing to fear
I’ve been reminiscing motherhood moments, 
That time went so fast 
then they’re grown.
The memories we mother’s cherish when wandering our homes all alone
I want to tell you from the view of  Daughter, Sister, wife
Grandma, Mama,  and Friend
The hardest part of leaving,
 is the pain, ones you love feel -- at the end
I had this wonderful life I was blessed with and if I could do it all over again
Despite many mistakes, I wouldn’t change a thing, 
Because who would I have been then?
I’m lucky to have all my family and my friends who have been there for me
And God bless you all, I’ll be waiting for you, but until then I hope you see
I’ve got your back when you find a penny laying tails up somewhere on the ground
But heads up means, I’m watching out for you, so you’ll know I’m still around
Maybe I made that up, to make it easier and give you something to do
But maybe not, you’ll have to wait ‘til we meet again, 
so look for pennies and remember I LOVE YOU!

Mardi Sauve 
Copyright 2012  

No comments:

Post a Comment