We Believed

"We Believed" is based on a passion for writing and music. The site is a collection of short stories and poems. I hope you enjoy them.

Friday, September 30, 2011

Dandelions


When I held you in my arms that day, you looked into my eyes
I prayed this was the right move and then I said goodbye
A day hasn’t gone by since when I didn’t think of you
And wonder how you’re doing, No, I’ve never forgotten you.
The softness of your cheeks, the way you wiggled your toes,
If you could read my mind, then you would surely know,
That I’ve carried you inside me, not for months, but now for years
And I’ve loved you for my lifetime but, I’ve wiped away my tears.
I’m comforted by knowing you’re someone else’s precious child,
But if you think I took this lightly step in my shoes for a while
For it was so hard knowing if I’d done the right thing
Knowing someone else would get the dandelions you’d pick each spring.
So if I never get to see you in this lifetime again,
I hope we’ll meet in Heaven and that we can be friends.
By Mardi Sauve
Copyright 1998

No comments:

Post a Comment