We Believed

"We Believed" is based on a passion for writing and music. The site is a collection of short stories and poems. I hope you enjoy them.

Friday, September 30, 2011

She's my Air


I am but a shadow cast down by her light

A bridge across an ocean, a runway for her flight

Footlights gaze upon her as she breaks their hearts of stone

Curtain calls, one final bow, how they want her for their own

Her grace holds them spellbound as does her subtle charm

Enviously they watch me as she takes my arm

Entrusted with an angel, privileged with her care

Without her I would die, for she is my air

Mystery shrouds the gaze of her encompassing eyes

They penetrate my conscience, her tears can make me cry

Against the opposition her defense is my retreat

It’s perplexing one so soft could be the mainstay for my feet

Unwavering is the bond that grasps my heart and soul

For only once will we be lucky to find the half that makes us whole

I send my thanks to Heaven upon a bended knee

As I watch her gently sleeping, I pray that I’ll fulfill her dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment