We Believed

"We Believed" is based on a passion for writing and music. The site is a collection of short stories and poems. I hope you enjoy them.

Friday, September 30, 2011

"Shimmer"


Far off in the distance was a glistening shimmer
So faint I nearly missed this flash of light
I watched in disbelief as it flickered like a candle
Dancing in the dark of a pitch black night
I swayed silently and listened as if I’d hear a secret
But it was destined to remain a mystery
The mesmerizing brilliance, what was it that I'd witnessed
As I’d held my breath in awestruck reverie
The clouds so slightly shifted and moonlight lit the shadows
Peeking through the branches of the trees
The frosted ice coating, like a crystal’s luster
Will thaw and vanish just as rapidly
So I let myself linger to savor one more second
I wished had not gone by so hastily
How would I share this moment, capturing its magic
I’d been blessed to witness momentarily
As my warm breath drifted upward, I watched it float so slowly
The hazy fog lingered in midair
Indelibly imprinted, these moments I’d remember
Each an answer to a long forgotten prayer
We’re all stumbling through the motions, groping in the darkness
When life’s misfortunes can seem to block out all the light
But then sometimes there’s a shimmer flickering in the distance
That helps us believe somehow we’ll be alright


No comments:

Post a Comment